This is for the mama who is... Tired of your kid’s overstuffed closet, looking to simplify your laundry situation, and want to create a sustainable and intentional system in your home.
WHAT’S A CAPSULE WARDROBE?
“A capsule wardrobe is a collection of classic pieces that work together with versatility, allowing you to create look after look with just a few items.” (Masterclass.com)
In simple terms, a wardrobe that consists of only the essentials!
You don’t have to be an extreme minimalist to simplify your home and life. Start somewhere and commit to living a more minimalist lifestyle. Trust us when we say —simplifying is some kind of superpower. It can change your world.
WHY MAKE THE SWITCH TO A CAPSULE WARDROBE?
Some of you may have noticed that despite having an entire closet full of clothing, your kid only wears the same few outfits! Yet they ALL somehow magically appear in the laundry. I get it. I’ve been there.
Having less pieces in your kid’s closet means...
- More money
- Less fight on what to wear in the morning
- Less laundry
- Less guilt (goodbye impulse purchases)
- More wear (especially important when kids grow out of their clothing so quickly)
- More appreciation for each intentionally chosen item
HOW TO BUILD A CAPSULE WARDROBE...
- Start with a color scheme. Don’t get caught up worrying about numbers. You can have a wardrobe with 7 pieces or one with 20...whatever you feel is right for you and your family. Just be sure to only choose items that coordinate with each other and will be used.
- On that note, buy what your kids will wear! My middle refuses to wear jeans. I’m embarrassed to say it took me years of buying them to take up space in her closet, before I stopped! My youngest loves dresses. So what does her closet mostly comprise of? You got it!
- Try it on! I don’t know about you, but I try on everything I bring into my closet. Yet with my kids, sometimes I guess the size and throw it in. Be sure that everything you keep fits well, feels good to them, and is something they will gladly wear day after day.
- Get into one pieces. I absolutely love dresses and rompers because they are so easy. Seriously though, so simple!
- Invest in high quality and versatile clothing and shoes they can wear again and again, and pass along.
If you create a capsule wardrobe for your little one this spring, tag us @raisemewild. We’d love to see what you come up with. Happy simplifying!